The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
3. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. Your Community Mediators of Yamhill County, 2017-2018 funding request, Marlena Bertram, YCM Executive Director.
B. The Blessing Room, 2017-2018 funding request, Rhonda Kroeker, Blessing Room Director.
C. Consider proposal to build tennis courts at Jane Heinrich Park - Alex Martin, teacher at the Yamhill/Carlton Intermediate School.
4. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Consider adopting Resolution No. R-740, a Resolution by the City Council of Yamhill, Oregon adopting a recommendation to restore recreational immunity rights.
A. None Scheduled
A. None Scheduled
6. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Consider request to allow use of parking area at Beulah Park for wineries
passport event on April 22nd and April 23rd, 2017.
B. Discuss request by Officer Hoy to install flashing “School Zone” lights on
Highway 47 in front of the High School and on Highway 240 in front of the
C. Consider approving proposal for Engineering Services for the Water
Master Plan and Water System Development Charge Study and approve
entering into contract negotiations with HBH Consulting Engineers.
7. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session –February 8, 2017
B. Financial Statements
8. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
(1) Accept resignation from Officer Tom Hoy.
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
(1) Discuss “Eclipse” party on August 21, 2017 @ 10:00am.
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
(1) Discuss Yamhill County Emergency Exercise May 12, 2017.
A. Budget Committee work session, Monday, April 3, 2017, 6:30PM. City Council Chambers, 155 E. 1st Street.
B. Statement of Economic Interest, required by the Oregon Government Ethics Committee (OGEC) must be received electronically by April 15,
2017. If you have any questions contact them at 503-378-5105.
C. Vacancies: Budget Committee - 2 members
Applications are available at City Hall
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax