The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
REGULAR MEETING/ PUBLIC HEARING
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC HEARING:
Consider proposed street vacation petition filed by the Yamhill/Carlton School District.
3. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
4. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. Budget Committee – Consider appointment of Joe Padberg – Three year
Term – 2017-2020 (term expires December 31, 2020)
B. Homeward Bound Pets, 2017-2018 funding request, Ronnie Vostinak,
5. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Consider application requesting street closure on Main Street during Derby Days Parade on July 15, 2017.
A. Consider adopting Ordinance O-514 an Ordinance vacating a portion of E. Erica Street, E. Dahlia Street and E. Camellia Street rights of way within the City of Yamhill, Oregon. Ordinance No. O-514 will be available. Ordinance posted: January 24, 2017 (Charter Chapter IV, Section 16(b).)
A. None Scheduled
7. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Consider adopting Resolution No. R-739, a Resolution by the City Council
of Yamhill, Oregon superseding Resolution R-333, adopting an amended
and updated version of the Yamhill Personnel Policy.
8. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session January 11, 2017
B. Financial Statements – January 2017
C. Approve the following Purchase Order:
(1) Ernest.Solutions, LLC - PO #17-052 -$8,042.00 –IT Upgrade,Phase 1
(2) Ernest Solutions, LLC -PO #17-053 -$3,762.00 –IT Upgrade, Phase II
9. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
(1) Review and approve potential Reserve Police Officers.
(2) Administer Oath of Office to 4 hired Reserve Police Officers.
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
A. Receive 2017-2018 Fiscal Year Budget Calendar.
B. City/County Dinner hosted by the City of Newberg – February 23, 2017, @
6:pm, Chehalem Cultural Center.
C. Vacancies: Budget Committee - 2 members
Applications are available at City Hall
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax